The very first secure online shopping site was created in the year 1994 by Internet Shopping Network or NetMarket and there was no looking back ever since. E-commerce business is a multi-billion dollar industry and the World Wide Web has revolutionized the face of shopping on a whole new level. Especially, the retail industry has witnessed a sudden shift towards online shopping over the last decade. With handy mobile shopping apps, anyone can indulge in online shopping therapy, anytime, anywhere. If you haven’t tried online shopping yet, here are a few reasons why you must do it now:
1) No pollution shopping experience: The biggest advantage of online shopping sites, is the convenience of shopping your favorite brands at the comforts of your home. After a grueling 5/6 days a week office coupled with the nuisance of traffic, online shopping sites are definitely a treat for the sore eyes. You can save a lot of time that is spent on getting ready to hit the mall, driving through heavy traffic, and then scooting around from floor to floor to find your preferred stores. You can literally shop online in your pajamas and avoid all these hassles.
2) Better prices: Store price tags can never keep up with those offered at online shopping sites. Those latest dresses you saw in some glossy magazines will be offered at M.R.P till the onset of the end of season sale. But you will find those latest dresses at a discounted price probably within a month on an online shopping site.
3) No more waiting: Let’s be honest, waiting at long queues outside trial rooms is really painful. To top it, you are not allowed to carry more than three or four garments at a time. Which means if you don’t like any of these you need to go out, pick out few more and wait in the queue again? Gosh, sounds like a nightmare, doesn’t it? With online shopping, you can absolutely avoid these queues. The size guide available on online shopping sites gives accurate measurements so that you end up buying the right size. Still, if you don’t like the product or if the size isn’t right, most online shopping sites follow easy return and exchange policy.
4) Discreet shopping: Gone are those days when we have to make peace with the local lingerie shop where a certain “Bhaiyya” would hand over lingerie to thoroughly embarrassed women. Ladies can indulge in lingerie shopping in complete privacy through online shopping sites.
5) No marketing gimmicks: Retail stores use many marketing strategies to lure and convince customers into buying products that they really don’t intend to. Using attractive posters, “just for today” offer, “spend XXXX amount and win a chance to visit Paris” contest, etc., the marketing personnel is successful in fooling customers easily. You can avoid all these gimmicks on online shopping sites and focus on what you want to buy.